Rotary virtual convention
About the Project
Streaming across multiple continents— Rotary International’s vision was shared to over 60,000 attendees with simultaneous interpretation in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Portuguese. Our Cincinnati location partnered with the Rotary Team and a highly impressive group of presenters to create an informative and up-lifting experience.
Content included inspiring speakers, panelists, videos, and entertainment by the Australian pop-opera quartet, “Aria”. A combination of live and pre-recorded content was delivered to viewers over a two day period. Their robust agenda included thought provoking subject matter as well as celebrations and social activities—all of which came together to promote engagement and networking.
Even though the attendees met virtually instead of the originally planned Hawaiian location, the event still had an undercurrent of Hawaiian ambiance. The Honolulu Mural Project, as well as a special performance by Hawaiian ukulele virtuoso, Jake Shimabukuro, was a highlight of the virtual experience.
- Support an international, multi-lingual audience
- Gather video segments with consistent quality from remote presenters across the world
- Utilize branded elements and animations for a professional look and feel
- Create a personalized feeling through entirely pre-produced content
- All video content was streamed through YouTube & made available in seven different languages
- Presenter kits and branded, easy-to-assemble pop-up backdrops were sent to speakers in several countries for a consistent look
- Branded animations were created for transitions, as well as animated titles & lower thirds for speakers
- All video was shot and pre-produced in several locations, compiled & edited into one seamless video by our in-house video department. Although pre-produced, it was pieced together in such a way that the dialogue appeared to be happening live/in real time
An Audience Experience that is Clear & Consistent
Clear, concise communication was a key ingredient for Rotary’s 2020 Virtual Convention. With an event that needed to reach people who spoke one of seven different languages, we knew we needed a solid game plan to bring everything together! In part, thanks to our continued partnership with Rotary (we have collaborated on several events over the years), we were able to foresee any issues early on and in turn deliver a streaming event that felt cohesive and engaging.